The whole moving process can be both exciting and exhausting. No matter if you move for work, or starting a new life alone or with your family, relocation is stressful. New Jersey is one of the country’s prettiest states. The Union Country movers can help you relocate with ease to New Jersey and any other cities and state in the county. After the move and unpacking, comes the decoration of your new apartment or home. Here are some decorating tips once you relocate to New Jersey.
Things you need to know about New Jersey
New Jersey is often forgotten because of its proximity to New York. It has its beauty at Palisades Interstate Park, the Great Falls of the Passaic River, and South Mountain. Here are some things you need to know about New Jersey.
- Extreme weather – Waterproof boots and a quality car battery are essentials. You are not off the hook in summer either. There are around 30 thunderstorms every summer.
- Emergency plan – It can experience multiple power outages per year. An emergency kit with water, solar charger, and a source of heat is good to have in this kind of situation.
- No left turns – “Jughandle” can be very confusing when you first start encountering them. They change the way traffic turns left, so rather than turning left, jug handles use a ramp on the right side of the road.
- BYOB – A lot of restaurants in New Jersey are BYOB, which means “bring your own bottle”. It is confusing at first, but you will get used to it.
- Pump it not – Since 1949 it is illegal to pump your own gas in New Jersey due to the fire hazards that occurred. So when you reach a fuel pump, just sit back, relax, and enjoy the full service!
Just like preparing your move, you can also prepare for decorating your new home after the move. Making a plan is always a good idea if you want to save some money. Gibraltar Van Lines can also help you move securely and will save you a buck. We have put a list of some decorating tips once you relocate to New Jersey.
Use what you have
You don’t need to have new and expensive items in your new home. Use the one that you got from your old home. You can also start by buying from second-hand, antique, or retail stores. They are ideal for the dining room table set. Set the tone at your front door and make a great first impression by painting the front door in some live and vivid colors. Orange and yellow colors are associated with joy and warmth! Have that in mind.
Decorating tips once you relocate to New Jersey
- Light and neutral wall colors -When it comes to walls, be sure to stick with light and neutral colors. We recommend gray or beige, especially on the first floor. Neutral walls give you a lot of flexibility in decoration, allowing you to easily switch your accessories. For instance, if you have two small rooms next to each other, it will make them feel larger by painting them in a neutral color. You can get extra creative by trying out some more innovative interior painting ideas, like color blocking, stenciling, and sponging. If you have the courage and are skilled enough to do it.
- Wall decoration – It is all about exploring and creativity. Don’t be afraid to try different styles in order to get a perfect composition with your paintings. your residential movers will move these decorations with ease
Living room-Decorating tips once you relocate
- When it comes to the living room you should avoid pushing your furniture against the wall. A lot of people think that it will make the room bigger. But in reality, moving the furniture away from the walls makes the room feel a lot larger. Organize it in a U-shape or H-shape. When it comes to the U-shape, use it with a sofa and two chairs facing each other at each end of the coffee table. The H-shape with a sofa directly across from two chairs and a coffee table in the middle should be ideal.
- Let the light in your kitchen – Window dressing should be elegant and functional. Use lightweight fabrics for panels such as cotton, linen, silk. Take your time when choosing them for your home. It is worth it!
- Plants – Are the best decorating tips once you relocate, and they will look amazing! You don’t need to create a jungle. A plant here and there will definitely give your room a soul! You can search for some decorating tips once you relocate on the internet too.
Mirror, Mirror on the wall!
One of the most decorating tips, once you relocate, is mirrors. They can also improve your decoration. It can make a difference in every room. They are bouncing the light around the room and that is why they make your space feel brighter. Put them near your windows. If you put them opposite of a window they can actually bounce the light right back out the window. You should at least have one mirror in each room.
We recommend for your living room that your rug should fit all the legs and your sofas. That will define your seating area. At the very least, the front two legs of the sofa and chairs should rest on it. If you go with a smaller rug size, it will look out of scale and proportions.
Use visual tricks to raise the ceiling. Hang curtains higher than the windows, suggests Allen-Brett, to trick your eye into thinking the room is taller. Most standard curtain panels measure 84 or 96 inches, allowing you to go about 3 inches above the window casing before the length gets too short. If you want to hang them higher, you’ll have to order custom drapes.
Decorating tips once you relocate
Decorating can be fun but exhausting too. If you need some help with that, you can hire an interior designer who will rearrange your home for you. In case you have some extra cash to spend on. They are not cheap, but will certainly do the job for you in case you don’t have enough time to deal with it by your self. These are some decorating tips once you relocate to your new home. Hope these tips and tricks would be useful for you to know!