Although moving to a new place is exciting, there’s one thing almost everyone dreads. And that’s packing. If you don’t have a system it can quickly overwhelm you. Figuring out what to pack, when to pack it and other important decisions require a plan. Therefore, before even beginning the packing process you need to create a schedule. It makes the whole process more easily manageable. Generally, a room-by-room approach is the best choice. And in every room, you have to make a decision about what you to keep, donate or toss. If you find that you’re struggling, Gibraltar Van Lines services are at your exposal. Without further ado, here’s what you should include in your packing schedule for relocation to Hoboken.
First things first, here are some general packing tips
Tackling packing, an essential part of moving can be tricky. Hence, you should organize your items based on common functions, room use, or different factors. This makes it easier to keep track of your belongings during transport. Additionally, unpacking at your new place will be a piece of cake. Remember that moving companies Hoboken are there to provide professional assistance with all of this if you feel overwhelmed. Here are some guidelines to keep in mind before making a packing schedule for relocation to Hoboken:
- Pack each box with a layer of padding. – Either newspapers, bubble wrap, blankets, or towels. Next, the heaviest items go into the box first.
- Each box should be labeled either by room or by its contents.
- Pack a box of must-have items. Stuff like snacks, drinks, toothbrushes, a change of clothes, a first-aid kit, medications, and similar items.
- Refrain from filling boxes to the brim. This reduces the likelihood that they break or are dropped during relocation.
Divide your packing schedule for relocation to Hoboken into manageable steps
When exactly should you start packing? The recommendation is at least 6 to 8 weeks in advance. It’s best to make your packing schedule for relocation to Hoboken a step-by-step process. Also, movers Secaucus NJ remind you that the earlier you start, the easier it will be once the moving day arrives.
6 to 8 weeks before moving to Hoboken
This is a perfect time to clean your home. And decide what items you’re taking to Hoboken with you. The Hudson County movers suggest you include the following steps into this part of your packing schedule for moving to Hoboken:
- Do a brief cleaning of your house
- Purge what you can while going through each room
- Get the clutter out of the way by separating all the unwanted items in one room
4 to 6 weeks before moving to Hoboken
Once you’re finished with the previous step it’s time to move on with downsizing. Approximately 5 weeks prior to your move it’s time to contact movers North Bergen NJ and ask for estimates. But before doing that, make sure you’ve crossed the following steps off of your relocation schedule for relocation to Hoboken:
- Gather your moving supplies
- Sell your unwanted belongings
- Donate any items that aren’t worth selling or you weren’t able to sell in time
2 to 3 weeks before moving to Hoboken
This is when you should finally start boxing your possessions. 2 to 3 weeks is enough time to pack your home without stress. But, it will be the most laborious part of the process. So, take your time with this step. And take as many pauses as you need to remain focused. Assuming you’ve got the hold of the necessary packing supplies, the time has come to devote your attention to the following aspects of your packing schedule for relocation to Hoboken:
- Packing non-essential items first
- Labeling all of the boxed items
- Storing all of the packed non-essential items in one place
1 week before moving to Hoboken
1 week prior to the moving day is basically there for wrapping up the work. If you stayed true to your packing schedule for relocation to Hoboken, you’ll see that the hard part is finished by this time. Some of the final preparations for the move include:
- Finishing packing the house
- Packing and labeling the “Open Me First” items you’ve been using up to the last minute
- Packing your valuables and/or your personal items
- Doing a final check to ensure all of the boxes are labeled and taped shut
When making your packing schedule for moving to Hoboken don’t forget to include Moving day
The Big day is here! These are the final steps on your packing schedule for relocation to Hoboken. So, in case you haven’t done it the day before the move, you can pack suitcases and essentials on a moving day. You should also prepare snacks and water bottles for the road. And finally, don’t forget to do one final check of the house once all the boxes have been transported into the truck. Pay special attention to easy-to-miss spots. And you’re set to go!
Having an unpacking schedule is as helpful as a packing schedule for relocation to Hoboken
In the first month after your move, you should try to one-by-one unpack all of your possessions. Naturally, this comes after you’ve cleaned your new Hoboken home. Start by unpacking your suitcases and other essentials. Afterward, go room by room until you’re done with unpacking the rest of the house. Plus, in addition to having a packing schedule for relocation to Hoboken, it’s a good idea to have a detailed moving checklist. This way you’ll be able to see the bigger picture even in chaotic moments. Additionally, you’ll be able to keep track of your overall moving preparation progress.