If you or someone you know is planning to move in the near future, it can be helpful to read up on the moving process and find out more about what it involves. Whether you are planning a local move or a long distance relocation, there is plenty to learn. Take a look at these links for more info:
- How Stuff Works - Moving Tips - TLC offers a Top 10 list of moving tips, along with other helpful hints for hiring a profesional mover, planning, packing, managing a moving sale and more.
- Moving.com - Packing Calculator - A packing calculator from Moving.com, providing estimates on the amount of boxes and packing materials you need based on criteria such as: number of rooms in your home, years spent living there, number of people living there, and how many belongings you save.
- Packing Tips - Nine tips from Real Simple about packing up for a move.
- How to Ship Antiques - Antiques.com explains how to pack and ship antiques safely and without any damage.
- Moving Pianos - WikiHow offers step-by-step instructions for moving a piano.
- Types of Moving Vehicles - Explains the different types of moving vehicles including vans, trucks and tractor trailers.
- Local Moving Company Mover-Finder helps you in looking for a qualified moving companies that service your area.
Honestly, I don't know how they managed to get some of the furniture and equipment through the doorways!! Very accommodating with a positive can do attitude. Everything got in!!!!!!
Would fully recommend, and definitely use again!
Again ,John & Crew, thank you for a great job!!
Outstanding job, Quick and efficient above and beyond what we expected. John and his crew were more helpful and very professional. Moving our furniture and equipment from my Bloomfield building to Clifton was no walk in the park!
- Michael Zwier
Outstanding job by the crew from Gibraltar movers. They moved our belongings from NY to SC and did so efficiently and professionally. While the whole crew on both moves did a great job, Ira was involved in both sides of the move and did an exceptional job with all the packing and unpacking. Many thanks for a job well done!
- Holly Nunn
moving your precious items is nerve racking. The estimate is just that. An ESTIMATE. so don't be surprised once your stuff is weighed in, that you will pay a little more. In my particular case, I was offered the option to pay cash and to my delight, a wire transfer is considered cash. I was discounted $900.00. Every one at the office would respond to my emails or calls immediatel. if I had a question about the storage place they were headed to, to make sure the 18 wheeler fit on the grounds, the driver kept in touch with me, so that I knew when he would get there and assured me there were no problems...